Montag, 20. April 2015

Final Post - TimonInThailand

Dear Friends and Family,

I am currently in Bangkok on my holidays, sorry that I wasn't continuing the blog the past weeks but we had a lot of visitors in the Asoke and then I went on holidays to Koh Phangan first, then Hua Hin, finishing on Koh Chang. It was an amazing time which I will describe further later.
In this post I want to inform you that I will not continue my volunteering ship in the Sisa Asoke Community. The past months have shown me that I am just to adventurous in this time to stay only in one spot without having much to do or a group of people to do something with. So I will continue staying in Asia but travel the Asean Countries instead, like I said I am in Bangkok right now which I will leave after a quick stay in the Asoke to sort the paper work out, to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar.

Because it looks a lot like there will be more stories to be told on that trip I will start a new blog on the same website and put the new link under this post.

Thank you all for the nice comments on this blog and the support you gave me during the past eight month in the Asoke.

Click here to get toTimonInSouthEastAsia : http://timoninsoutheastasia.blogspot.in/

Since I wrote the last entry a lot happened. First Isis a volunteer who works for the same organization like I do arrived in the Asoke for a two week stay in her holidays.
The same day I became fevery and in the evening could just lay in my room and fever dream. It turned out that I had an infected wound on my foot that just build up the day before but was so aggressive that it had to get cut open and cleaned.
So I went to the local hospital and got it cut open without any anesthetics. They gave me antibiotics and pain killers but it didn't get any better the next four days until my aunt who is a nurse in Germany found out that the antibiotics I took. At that point I had no pain but a giant swollen foot. I went to a private hospital after the doctor in the local hospital said he wanted to cut the wound up on 5 centimeters to look how far the infection spreaded.
In the private hospital they just gave me an infusion with stronger antibiotics twice a day for the three days I stayed there. The antibiotics they gave me worked like a charm and when one of my best friends form Germany visited me on his way back from Australia I was good enough again to even pick him up from the bus station by myself. David stayed for the next week and made it an awesome time.
Just two days before my holidays started my uncle arrived with his family to see the Asoke and I went to Hua Hin after with him but with having a three day stay over on Koh Phangan.
Check out the pictures below :)

















1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Timon
    Ich hab mir ein bisschen was von deinem blog angeschaut, da ich vorhab demnächst nach Thailand zu gehen auch die Sisa Asoke Community interessiert mich sehr! würde dir gerne persönlich eine Nachricht schicken, vielleicht schreibst du mir einfach wenn dir das recht wäre ein paar fragen zu beantworten und deine Erfahrungen mit mir zu teilen : marryoverrooftops@googlemail.com

    AntwortenLöschen